- Workout has its own costs. It not only requires tremendous amount of dedication but also has ethics to be followed - the ethics to be responsible for your body. Just because you are dedicated and going to gym everyday you cannot do whatever you want to at the gym.
- Make sure you have sufficient knowledge of what you are doing with weights or cardio machines. READ instructions, ask the personal trainers, ask the experienced people, read from magazines. .
- Don't be adhoc in the type of exercises you do. Make sure you concentrate on all regions of your body - roughly speaking upper, middle and lower body. .
- Give sufficient time for the body to recover after exerting it.
- Make sure you strecth different muscles for relaxation after working them out.
- Have plenty of water around you and drink before even you feel thirsty. Believe me dehyrdrating experience could be really nasty.
- Take special care of your joints, especially knee joints.
- Injuries can be checked using RICE.
- When lifting heavy weights make sure you have someone monitoring you. Minor mistakes here could result in fatal or lifelong injuries.
- Based on my friend, Reagan's advice, a good heuristic for judging a right weight for you is that you should be able to do atleast 4 reps and atmost 8 reps.
- Generally speaking there has to be balance between using your body and being responsible for your body.
Link to health posts so far.
Edited: August 28, 06. 11:07 AM.